Apply Today: $129,000 Scholarship and Grant Program
May 2, 2023
Raiz Federal Credit Union is proud to announce that we will be awarding a total of $129,000 in scholarships and grants to support El Paso’s future leaders. With six different scholarship and grant programs, a total of 29 individuals and two organizations will receive support to pursue their educational, professional, and community impact goals. Whether you’re a high school student, college student, teacher, or local non-profit, there’s a scholarship or grant program for you.
Scholarship and grant program opportunities:
- $1,000 Community Scholarship: 10 recipients
A scholarship to help propel students toward achieving their higher education goals. Must be enrolled as a full-time student with a college or university.
- $1,000 Community Scholarship (Raiz team members): 2 recipients
Two high school or college students who are either Raiz team members or dependents of Raiz team members are eligible to receive this award.
- $5,000 Michael Sandoval STEM Scholarship: 1 recipient. A memorial scholarship honoring Raiz’s late VP of e-Commerce and in support of students studying in the fields of STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics).
- $5,000 “Raizing Leaders” UTEP College of Business Administration’s Banking Academy Scholarship: 2 recipients.
A scholarship for students enrolled in the College of Business Administration’s Banking Academy, to help support the future leaders of the financial industry.
- $5,000 “Raizing Leaders” UTEP College of Education Scholarship: 2 recipients
A scholarship for students enrolled in the UTEP College of Education to help support future teachers and those working in the field of education.
- $3,500 “Raiz Up” Professional Development Grant: 12 recipients
One teacher per Region 19 school district will be selected to receive a grant of up to $3,500 to attend a professional development conference or training of their choice.
- $25,000 “Together We Raiz” Community Grant: 2 recipients
A grant for local non-profit organizations registered as a 501 (c) 3 to help fund their needs such as new equipment, programs, staff development, materials, etc.
If you’re interested in applying for one of Raiz Federal Credit Union’s scholarship or grant programs, here’s what you need to know:
- Eligibility: Applicants must be Raiz members or a registered 501 (c) 3 organization.
- Application Deadline:
September 1, 2023 – Community Scholarship, Michael Sandoval STEM Scholarship, College of Business Banking Academy Scholarship, College of Education Scholarship
October 9, 2023 – Professional Development Grant, Community Grant
- Application Process: Click the Apply today button below to submit your request for an application for the program you’re interested in. Complete the application along with any required documentation by the deadline listed above. Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee and winners will be notified by November 9, 2023 via email.
At Raiz Federal Credit Union, we believe in investing in the future leaders of our community. We’re committed to helping our members achieve their goals, and we’re proud to offer these scholarship and grant programs as part of that commitment. Apply today and take the first step toward a brighter future!